July 9, 2021
PAVING PROJECT NOTICE
Beginning the week of July 12th through July 23rd, the Borough will have a contractor paving various streets in the Borough. Below is a list of the streets that will be paved:
- Water St from Jones St to New Castle St
- Quality St from School St to N Second St
- Forney St from N Second St to Front St
- Carbon St from Front St to N Second St
- Parsonage St from Front St to N Delaware Ave
- South St from S Fifth St to Kauffman St
- Short St from Berger St to dead end
- Locust St from Westwood St to dead end
- Baker St from Parsonage St to New St
These streets will be posted “NO PARKING” the day before the contractors will be in to pave that street. Any vehicles on the street will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Please obey all road closures for the duration of the postings to allow for the road to cure.
The Borough Office lobby will open to the public starting Monday, May 3, 2021 at 8 a.m. The lobby will be restricted to two people at a time. Masks are required. Only one window in the lobby will be open for customers, the second person will have to wait in a designated area until the window is available. This is to ensure social distancing procedures are followed.
If you feel unwell or have the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath; please do not enter the building.
The Borough does offer alternative options for payment of your utility bills.
- Our drop box is located on the Sunbury Street side of the building for payments
- Check and money orders may be mailed to our office at Minersville Borough Office, 2 E Sunbury St, Minersville PA 17954
- Online payments may be made on our website. https://wipp.edmundsassoc.com/Wipp/?wippid=MNRV
Please note this option will require your account and PIN numbers. Should you need that information, please feel free to contact our office at 570-544-2149 or 570-544-2200.
Again, the health and safety of our residents is our highest priority. We are asking all residents to follow the CDC and PA Department of Health guidelines.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at 570-544-2149 or 570-544-2200.
Thank you for your cooperation.
The Minersville Borough is accepting applications for a School Crossing Guard. The job will be for two (2) hours per day during the regular Minersville Area School District School year. Applicants must be able to obtain PA State Police Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse Clearances, if hired. Applications may be obtained at the Borough Office, 2 E. Sunbury Street, Minersville, PA 17954 or are can be downloaded below. Questions regarding this position, please contact Police Chief Combs at 570-544-6212. Deadline for applications is Monday, August 24, 2020 by 1 p.m.
Are you prepared for potential weather emergencies?
Anyone with information on drug activity can call the Schuylkill County Drug Tip line at