-Located at the Fourth Street Recreational Complex –
GPS address: 200 Edgar Lewis St, Minersville PA 17954
2020 COVID-19 Information
OPENING DATE – SATURDAY, JUNE 27
First and foremost, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. We have received questions from the community about if and how COVID-19 will change the way we operate our venue. After careful consideration, we are excited to let you know that we plan to reopen while following CDC guidance to protect our swimmers, staff, and our community.
The health and safety of our swimmers, staff, and other patrons remains our highest priority. Below you will find a summary of actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible while also allowing our swimmers and patrons to enjoy the water. We are:
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices, such as encouraging all staff, patrons, and swimmers to stay home if they are unwell, wash their hands frequently, cover coughs and sneezes, wearing cloth face coverings when not in the water.
- Cloth face coverings should not be placed on children younger than 2 years of age, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance. Cloth coverings will be recommended to be worn when outside of the pool. Cloth coverings will NOT be permitted when actively swimming in the water.
- Cloth face coverings must be worn when interacting with our staff at our lifeguard station, admissions, and concession stand.
- Increasing cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation within our facilities by: cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces, such as handrails, and door handles. We will provide adequate soap, paper towels and no-touch trash cans. We are opening windows and doors to insure adequate airflow.
- Encouraging social distancing when possible by changing deck layouts to ensure patrons can remain 6 feet apart in standing and seating areas, visual cues like tape on floors and sidewalks, staggering use of communal spaces, limiting large group events on premises.
- Limit the sharing of equipment, such as pool noodles, kick boards, chairs and tables, towels, goggles, snorkels, or discouraging using or sharing when items are difficult to clean, sanitize, or disinfect. If you bring these items to the pool, please restrict use to members of your own household.
- Closing some frequent touch pool features such as: pool slide, dive blocks, toddler swings, rocking toys, pavilion seating.
- Limit the number of patrons to 250 people. People exiting throughout the day will not be guaranteed readmission if the maximum capacity has been reached.
- Admissions will be restricted to Schuylkill County residents only.
- Season passes will be offered at a discounted rate this year. The Borough will be offering a 10% discount on a 2021 pass for individuals purchasing a pass in the 2020 season. Should we have to close the pool early in the 2020 due to a health incident, the amount paid on the season pass will be credited to a pass purchased in the 2021 season (the 10% discount would not apply in this instance).
Even with these precautions in place, the Minersville Swimming Pool cannot eliminate all risk associated with COVID-19. By choosing to make use of our facility, guests are assuming the risk that they may contract COVID-19 at the facility despite the precautions in place.
In the event someone gets sick, we have plans in place and we will work with local health officials. We look forward to seeing you. Now, dive in and have fun! Thank you and stay healthy!
BOROUGH OF MINERSVILLE
Pre-school (3 and Under) – Senior Citizen (55 and over) $2.00
Students (Ages 4 to 17) $3.00
Adults (18 and 54) $5.00
Evening admission (5-7 PM), 1/2 off daily rate
Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a responsible adult, 18 years of age or older. Without a responsible adult, children under 10 will be denied admission to the pool.
There is not a non-swimmer discount; all patrons entering the pool are required to pay the appropriate fee.
***REFUNDS ARE NOT GIVEN IF THE FACILITY CLOSES FOR WEATHER EVENTS!! It is the responsibility of the patron to check the weather prior to entry to the facility.***
PAVILION WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE 2020 SEASON
The Borough has a pavilion available for party rentals. This pavilion was donated to the Borough in memory of Catrina Williams and Carianna Kroh.
Rental Fees – two party size options
Option 1: Fee (20 guests; max 15 children) $150.00
Additional guests in excess of 20 $ 10.00 per guest
Damage/Cleaning Fee $ 50.00* Separate Check Required
Option 2: Fee (35-50 guests; max 40 children) $300.00
Additional guests in excess of 50 $ 10.00 per guest
Damage/Cleaning Fee $ 50.00* Separate Check Required
- Party time from
- 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. (party will be permitted to enter at 10:30 a.m. to setup)
- 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. (only available until the last Sunday in July)
- Daily admission to the pool for the party attendee’s
- List of people attending must be provided to the concession stand upon entering on the day of the event. People will not be admitted unless they are listed.
- Party Menu. Please choose from one option listed below:
- Option 1 – Hot Dog, Chips, Drink (Guers product or water)
- Option 2 – Slice of Pizza, Drink (Guers product or water)
- We do not supply cakes. Birthday cake will be permitted to be brought to the pavilion. A vegetable and/or fruit tray is allowed but no other outside food or drink will be permitted. Additional food and drinks may be purchased at the concession stand.
If you would like to rent the pavilion, please click the following link to download the rental contract.
Contact the Borough Office at 570-544-2149 to verify date availability.
2020 SEASON TICKETS
FOR MINERSVILLE BOROUGH COMMUNITY POOL
Season Tickets for Minersville Borough Pool are now available. Applications can be made at the Borough Office, 2 E Sunbury St., Minersville or by downloading the form and mailing into the Borough Office. Season tickets will be available at Borough Office and Minersville Community Pool throughout the summer. All applications will be verified before tickets are issued. Fraudulent information voids pass.
Student $28.00 $35.00
Adult – Single 33.00 43.00
Senior Citizen (55 and over) 23.00 33.00
Family* 50.00 65.00
Each additional person exceeding 5 in family……………….10.00 each 15.00 each
*A family consists of parents or couple and up to 3 children all permanent residents of the same household and same immediate family OR 1 adult and up to 4 children. Separate pass required for any adult 18 or older residing in the household, (adult children, grandparents, aunts, uncles). If a babysitter is listed on the pass, that individual will only be admitted when with the children listed on the pass. Also, the babysitter certification form must be completed.
Resident Pass Rates are for Borough Residents ONLY.
District Residents that reside in the townships must pay the Non-Resident rates.
Each ticket holder must permanently reside at the address listed below.
THE BOROUGH RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK PROOF OF FAMILIAL RELATIONSHIP AND RESIDENCY. TICKET WILL NOT BE ISSUED IF FRAUDULENT INFORMATION IS PROVIDED. POOL PASSES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
THERE WILL NOT BE LESSONS IN THE 2020 SEASON
Pre-School (ages 4-5)
Levels 1-6 (ages 6 & up)
Fees per session
All Students $ 30.00
Checks Payable To: Minersville Borough
Classes: (M0rning and Evening Sessions)
Registration is held at the Minersville Swimming Pool during pool hours!
No phone or late registrations will be accepted!! Pool Hours Daily: 12-7 p.m.