The entire borough receives sanitation services every Tuesday. Bags for pick-up should be placed curbside no sooner than 6PM Monday evening. Recyclable materials should not be placed in the trash. Violators may be prosecuted as per borough ordinance.
SANITATION COLLECTION RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Trash collection is composed of household garbage only. Yard waste and grass clippings may be taken to the compost site located at the end of North Delaware Avenue.
- The collector will pick up a limit of five thirty gallon bags (each bag not to exceed 40 pounds in weight.) All containers must be secured and bags properly tied.
- One large item per week along with your trash can be collected. No white goods (washers, refrigerator, stove, sinks) or Freon bearing appliances will be collected. Arrangements can be made for a separate pickup of white goods, please call COUNTY WASTE 570-874-3047.
- All waste must be placed curbside after 6:00 p.m., and no later than midnight the evening prior to the pick up date. Garbage containers must be removed from the sidewalk area after sanitation collection is completed.
- Special Holiday collections will be announced as they occur.
- No tires, batteries or electronics (TVs, Computers, DVD Players, etc.) will be collected. No construction, demolition, or renovation debris will be collected. The property owner or contractor is responsible for arranging separate disposal. If necessary you may call COUNTY WASTE 570-874-3047, for pricing and pick up.
ALL PROPERTIES, NORTH AND SOUTH SIDE OF TOWN, WILL BE COLLECTED ON TUESDAY.
There will be no other collections made during the week.
RECYCLING COLLECTION PROGRAM
AS PART OF THE BOROUGH’S CONTINUING RECYCLING PROGRAM, THE FOLLOWING
CURBSIDE ITEMS WILL BE COLLECTED: #1 – #7 PLASTICS, ALUMINUM AND TIN CANS, GREEN, BROWN, AND CLEAR GLASS CONTAINERS,
NEWSPAPERS AND MAGAZINES (BUNDLED SEPERATELY).
ALL RECYCLED MATERIALS MUST BE PLACED CURBSIDE FOR PICKUP.
PLEASE BUNDLE NEWSPAPERS OR MAGAZINES IN STRING OR PLACE IN A BROWN PAPER BAG OR CARDBOARD BOX SEPARATE FROM PLASTIC, GLASS AND ALUMINUM FOR PICKUP.
CARDBOARD SHOULD BE FLATTENED AND BUNDLED.
Any loose paper and cardboard not bundled will not be picked up curbside.
DO NOT PLACE THESE RECYCLABLES IN PLASTIC BAGS.
A DROP-OFF CONTAINER FOR RECYCLABLES IS LOCATED AT THE COMPOST SITE AT THE END OF NORTH DELAWARE AVENUE.
BOROUGH RECYCLING SCHEDULE
ALL RECYCLING MIXED WITH GARBAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED CURBSIDE.
NO COLLECTION FOR RESIDENTS ON:
MARCH 31, JUNE 30, SEPTEMBER 29, DECEMBER 29
Ashes are collected throughout the borough every Tuesday and during the winter months also on Friday
(Friday ash collection occurs approximately from first Friday in January through last Friday in February)
Please note: All ashes created, accumulated or produced shall be deposited in one bushel (15 gallon) steel tubs. Any steel tubs in excess of one bushel (15 gallons) must only have one bushel full of ashes in each container. All ash containers must be free off holes or rust. Any steel tubs in poor condition will not be collected.
COMPOST AND RECYCLING SITE
- Complex is under 24/7 High Definition Video Surveillance to aid in the prosecution of any violations of the regulations.
- Immediately notify the Borough of lost/stolen cards and that there will be a $25 fee for card replacement if my card is lost/stolen.
- As property owner/card holder, I am fully responsible for the Additional Authorized Users. Should any of those users violate the regulations, I understand my access card may be revoked.
- The compost facility is for residential properties. Contractors are not permitted to dump compost materials.
- If I no longer own the property assigned to the access card, I will return the card to the Borough within 5 days to deactivate the card or I will be charged a $25 fee.
- Facility hours: Winter: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Spring thru Fall: 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Acceptable and Unacceptable items for the Compost/Recycling Site are listed on the next page. Anyone found violating the regulations may have their access cards inactivated and may face criminal charges for illegal dumping.
- Failure to abide by the regulations may result in access privileges being revoked and/or criminal charges being filed.
The compost/recycling site gate will be effective June 1, 2020.
The area will only be accessible by using the Access Cards at the gate.
Access Card Instructions
- Stop/park in front of the gate.
- You will need to get out of the vehicle and place the card in front of the card reader box.
- The gate will begin to open*. At this time, you will need to drive into the gated area. The gate will close after you are in the compost/recycling area.
- On the way out, there is a sensor that will automatically open the gate to allow you to exit and close behind you.
*Note: The gate is on a timer for opening/closing. It will not close if it senses a vehicle in its path