Edwin Houser, Street Supervisor
COMPOST AND RECYCLING SITE
Complex is under 24/7 High Definition Video Surveillance to aid in the prosecution of any violations of the regulations.
- Immediately notify the Borough of lost/stolen cards and that there will be a $25 fee for card replacement if my card is lost/stolen.
- As property owner/card holder, I am fully responsible for the Additional Authorized Users. Should any of those users violate the regulations, I understand my access card may be revoked.
- The compost facility is for residential properties. Contractors are not permitted to dump compost materials.
- If I no longer own the property assigned to the access card, I will return the card to the Borough within 5 days to deactivate the card or I will be charged a $25 fee.
- Facility hours: Winter: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Spring thru Fall: 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Acceptable and Unacceptable items for the Compost/Recycling Site are listed next. Anyone found violating the regulations may have their access cards inactivated and may face criminal charges for illegal dumping.
- Failure to abide by the regulations may result in access privileges being revoked and/or criminal charges being filed.
The compost/recycling site gate will be effective June 1, 2020.
The area will only be accessible by using the Access Cards at the gate.
Click on this link for the Compost/Recycling Access Card Application: compost site application form
Access Card Instructions
- Stop/park in front of the gate.
- You will need to get out of the vehicle and place the card in front of the card reader box.
- The gate will begin to open*. At this time, you will need to drive into the gated area. The gate will close after you are in the compost/recycling area.
- On the way out, there is a sensor that will automatically open the gate to allow you to exit and close behind you.
*Note: The gate is on a timer for opening/closing. It will not close if it senses a vehicle in its path.